POBR Day 1



 7/6/19

Day one, Captain’s log: The day started out rough (in my opinion) a 10 AM departure time…… I arrived early, for fear of being late you see, when it comes to camping I know that it is good to be on time; early is even better. We got stuck waiting in the sun, the heat just bouncing off the pavement not unlike an oven. We got out there around 1:00, I had never felt so grateful in my life haha. We were off to begin our splendorous 2 week journey…nay, adventure into the wildnerness, into ourselves.

The drive was pleasant as I dozed off, was awakened when my fellow campers spotted a bear just off the road, I did not catch a glimpse of him, wasn’t fast enough….dang, next time. Back on the road, en route to our first campsite, one more stop, to pick up some discarded fire wood, needed for that nights fire.

Arrival: Time to set up camp! My first time ever setting up a tent by myself :D not too shabby, if I say so myself. Helped set up the “mess hall” , commons, what have you. Our makeshift kitchen and primary social area for the next 3 days. Sorted snacks for the vans, so that we will never go hungry while out in the field. So it was said J. Opened up all the bins filled with deliciousness, one after the next, my eyes hungry and ready to feed my stomach. Finally came upon the bin with the breakfast cereals…a bin that I had been just brimming with excitement  to come across, for breakfast cereal is a blessing in the world of food…. And that’s when I spotted them….the cereal which is just too ghastly to consume….barely like to mention their name….. little skunk flavored circles. Aside from that, all was well. Lovely dinner of spaghetti and salad was prepared and a nice blessing from Don T. was something to behold, the words were something that were beneficial to us all and grateful to have heard them that night, and here to keep in mind while out in the field.

Nightfall: Introductions and stories shared, after we were all content after our s’mores. Was nice to hear a little bit about eachother, and I look forward to getting to know these people, fellow adventurers, near kindred spirits if they were all willing to be out here, amongst the trees and stars. After we wrapped up, alas it was time for bed! One my personal favorite times of day <3 sleeeeeep. I organized my tent in a cozy fashion, tuned into a favorite show, and got as snug as I could. *BOOM!!* a loud thunderous crash echoed through the air, it came in once more, a loud *CRACK!* and just as sudden as they crashed they were gone. No more for the night, I didn’t give them too much thought, as this IS Washington after all, the weirdest state in the nation. Show was over, lights out, time to sleep.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POBR Day 7

POBR Day 2

POBR Day 12