POBR Day 7



7/12/19

Day seven, Captain’s Log: Rise and shine, Laundry day hooray!!!! I’m always stoked to do laundry, as it is something that I don’t get to do always, haha, so it is especially after like 6 days of wearing some of my clothes twice *cue Beetleguice buoy noise* I’m a stinky skunk yuck.

Lava land!: Sound’s like an amusement park, in a way it was. Beautiful views! What a spectacular day. I just loved the way the rocks looked and had a fun time telling my kids about what I had learned later that day. I plan on brining them back here someday soon, maybe before school starts….that’d be fun. Anywho, learned that this big pile of lava rocks, and this whole landscape used to be a mountain, Mt.Mazama, majestic like any other, but it all just exploded 7000 years ago with lava, heated up fast and cooled down just as quickly which created all of these rocky formations.
Laundry was nuts, the laundromat was already bustling with patrons, then we show up in a mini mass of 20 adding to the chaos haha. Was super stuffy and hot, but I was so glad to be able to wash and dry my clothes, so nice.
Evening: After our laundry was done (me and three other girls were the last ones to be done) we headed out to Walmart to pick up some needed items and dropped the truck off as it was acting up. Then it was shower time! Quick showers that were powered by tokens haha, like a one of those quarter operated horses, definitely more amusing for adults :D a token was worth 3 minutes of shower, and I found out later that each token cost $1.50, wowza, expensive showers! After finding that out I enjoyed it even more. Always thankful for a hot shower.
Nightfall: Dinner in the dark, tacos, TacoTuesday but on a Friday. Was quite the chore, created a lot of dishes, but was well worth it, as I was famished at that point. But I also eat a lot throughout a day. After dinner and cleanup we sang happy birthday to one of our fellow campers, he turned 26. Alas, bedtime, I say that almost everyday lol because I am always ready for bed. Sleeeeep after Stranger Things 3.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POBR Day 2

POBR Day 12