POBR Day 11



7/16/19

Day eleven, Captain’s log: On the road again, ready to move on to our next stop which I’m told is going to be full! Klamath, in beautiful southern Oregon. Woke up early on my own and started to wrap up my little mini home. We packed up camp as a whole and set out to collect our camera traps. Success! We captured some deer on a few cameras, a kid fishermen almost tripping, a biker, and some cars haha. As far as the camera we placed in the area where that chipmunk was we didn’t catch whatever animal buried it therel…… next time. That camera however did manage to get footage of a deer so yay. 

The majesty of Crater Lake: SO beautiful like beyond belief beautiful. Some of the bluest water I’ve ever seen. Was happy to have stopped here on our way to Klamath. We took in the breath taking view after our “moderate” hike haha. It was a lovely hike though, there was snow on the path and that was fun to see, me being the smart woman that I am decided to wear my sandals that day, but it was really no big deal. Learned that Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the nation, a true treasure to the states I’d say myself.

Arrival: The campsite is pretty chill, and it has showers haha. A lot of chipmunks that are not afraid of people….. have yet to see if that is bad or not. Set up our tents and met with Alex from the local tribal wildlife and fisheries, our main guide while here. He brought us on a walk and showed us a few areas of interest. Such as a patch of beautiful Aspen trees (they are the largest living organism on our planet btw), which are all one tree, as Aspen’s just clone themselves they don’t pollinate like other trees, and a river that has a starting point that just comes out of the ground, nature is weird haha. A lovely walk though and look forward to our time here. 

Dinner and Bedtime: Well it’s that time folks, time to eat and then sleep. Chicken quesadillas and rice, rice was a welcome surprise, made me think of my dad who says rice is a food for every meal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POBR Day 2

POBR Day 12