POBR Day 8



7/13/19

Day eight, Captain’s Log: Got to sleep in, which was much appreciated, but I easily could’ve slept longer. Wakey wakey eggs and baky, our crew was on breakfast detail this morning and it was a good one, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, tortillas, and black beans. I personally just had a traditional breakfast of hashbrowns (covered in ketchup) scrambled eggs, and bacon nom nom nom. When were all full and satisfied it was time to set up camera traps again, I love this part. We got our camera team together, Go Foxe’s!!, and hiked out just past our campsite and near the road, we acted on intel provided by one our team mates who spotted some droppings in the area, along the way we seen a number of various animal tracks. Deer and some kind of pawed animal, I’m thinking wild cat tracks of some kind, as I heard they are regulars in this region. The second we placed by the river, facing towards the bank and the little island in the middle of the river, we chose this spot as we noticed that there were trailways in the tall grass and we figured all living things need water and would frequent this access point. The third and final camera was placed across the road in a thicker part of the forest, we spotted a buried chipmunk which had to have been buried by an animal of some sort because there were no people tracks around at all and we spotted more various animal tracks. We were thinking maybe a wildcat or a fox may have left that chipmunk behind. We shall see, fingers crossed. 

Leftover day: Lunch was great, leftover day, a day that will always be held close to my heart, happy memories of days gone by…… I love it when its leftover day.

Swimmmmmin’!: Rubba dubba time. Haha, old kids show reference. Made our way to the lake to today, it was glorious, loved it. Water was nice and refreshing and actually my first swim of the summer ( I know, sad, right?!) coolest part of the swim, seen a bald eagle flying just above the water! So pretty and cool, the raptor swooped down and flew up again, gliding just above the surface of the water. Ahhh did I mention how cool the water was??? Refreshed and ready for bed.
Dinner: Yay! Time to split some wood, I personally am not very skilled at this, but I jumped at the chance to practice. After dinner and clean up it was bedtime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POBR Day 7

POBR Day 2

POBR Day 12