POBR Day 2



7/7/19

Day two, Captain’s Log:  Slept in 6:30 wake up time. Savored every second of sandman land. Heard a deer in the night/early morning, disregard, as its just a part of time being up here. First things first, breakfast. Nom nom nom. Bacon McMuffins. Fire toasted English muffins, can’t beat that. After our morning nourishment we split into small groups to set up our camera traps. Our objective is to set up these cameras in strategic areas, in hopes of capturing some interesting wildlife. To my surprise I got elected co-leader! First time for that as well, can make one feel nervous, I can’t lie, just don’t want to let anyone down. But you see it is my past experience with the area, being a bit more familiar with these hills, the land of my people, is what earned me this position. All very exciting and I hope to be a help when I can.

Youth Camp service: Set up tables for our blogging station and enjoyed our packed lunches and awaited the camp crew’s arrival, so that we could help out in getting this place all ready for the campers that would be here on the following Wednesday, just days away. Looking forward meeting the camp crew, some are my relations always nice to run into family, although not very hard to do on the reservation haha.

Volunteer service: Slightly fulfilled….. the way to say that I think….. Only partially got to complete a task, while I feel good about being able to help I also feel kinda bad for not being able to complete the assigned task to completion. So it goes. Raked up pine needle piles and loaded them on to the back of the truck for disposal. Was a good time, always enjoy coming back to Camp Chapparel as an adult, I remember times that were good from my formative years. 
Sharing circle to close out the night, learned some more about what is said of the Anasazi people, all very fascinating, and really makes the mind wake up and want to wander. Such a treat to be here and listen to all these different people. A mixing of cultures, and personalities, knowledge, stories, and experiences past down throughout their families.
Another day well spent, bed time zzzz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POBR Day 7

POBR Day 12