POBR Day 13

7/17/19

Day 13, Captain's Log: Last morning in Klamath, lets eat up and go, long drive to the coast ahead of us. Ready for that ocean air.... ready to go home. Was a good drive not as long as I thought, at least it didn't feel like it after we were finally on the road. 

The beach: Ahhh the beautiful beach, gorgeous as always, and I always always feel so at home in the ocean water. Just something about it that calms me down some how. While I was taking in the breeze, the waves as they embraced me, as I rode each one into shore my body just floating along, surfing it up, my heart was heavy......I just missed my kids. They love the beach as much as I do, and we made a lot of happy memories on the beaches of beautiful southern California, and I am only 10 days shy of a month of being without them. That is just too long for me and I am struggling. 

Sunset: Finally the night is coming to a close, one last circle time, some of us share how we are feeling, give our thanks and say some goodbyes while we huddle around the beach fire. Bedtime has arrived and I am relieved, I'm very tired and emotional now and ready to get some sleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POBR Day 2

POBR Day 11

POBR Day 12