POBR Day 4



7/9/19

Day four, Captain’s log: Departure day, started early this morning with some yummy frosted snakes, a favorite of mine. Glorious. Packed up camp! Man I tell you what, everything is ALWAYS easier to get out than it is to get in haha. Struggled the most with my tent, it disassembled fine, easy peasy, but when it came time to get it back into the little nylon bag, this little knapsack that looks like it was made for the tent of a toddler….. It took me some time….. Next up, cleaning out our van and packing it all up again, that was a lot easier and quicker than some may have thought J we cool that way. Fox team got our waders on to gather our camera traps, only one required them, as the other two were near water but in areas we didn't have to be submerged at all. We captured video only of one squirrel...so it goes haha, all in all not too bad, but aww so sad one our team had leaky waders! So they got wet. Lastly as it has always been widely said, we leave a campsite cleaner than it was when we got here. Cleaned up picked up trash from all over the general area, very fulfilling.

And we’re off: Ready steady go! Hit the road once again, en route to Warm Springs, OR. Another area I’m somewhat familiar with, as I’ve been several times as a child and teen. I think though, that this is where I personally am starting my trip, as the mountain we just left is home, grateful for the time spent up there and being able to share it with others. Such a pretty area, and am looking forward to the last half of our trip, Meaning Bend and Kalamath….Warm Springs I’m hoping to learn something new and see another side of it that I may not be used of. So with that being said, heres to my fellow travelers *Cheers and good vibes*

Arrival: We set up camp in a public park, some incidences with some people who were lost occurred. I feel bad for everyone who was affected by it. It isn’t any fun feeling afraid, and hope that they don’t let that cause them to be afraid of everything that they see in one area. This is a town that needs a lot of help, and there are so many out there who have lost their way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POBR Day 7

POBR Day 2

POBR Day 12